Monday 22 January 2007

Master & Student....

I haven’t done much character/ finished/ highly stylised pieces of late because I really want to concentrate on becoming a better draughtsman, and most of my work prior to now is 99.99999% comic/ character design and 0.001% life/ observational drawing (most of which is over the last 3 months). I’ve been told however that my blog is…er…ahem…a bit boring LOL. So I think I’ll start posting a healthy balance of life drawing and character work. This latest piece is for our animation task this week, character interaction. I find it helps my motivation to set the feeling of the animation with one drawing. The final animation won’t look like this, I only have a week, but it’s important to get to know the characters and believe in them. That’s what Glen Keane says anyway :)

Tried to give it a painterly feel in photoshop but colour, paints etc is not my strong point. After the course I definately want to start learning how to paint.

If I like the final animation, I might post it.

And Again....

Wes

6 comments:

messytimbo said...

really good. i can't wait to see the final thing.

post it, what ever the out come. this blog is about learning not ego, there are lots of talented people who look at your blog and can give you good advise.

keep up the good work sunny jim

Kristian said...

i can't wait for your end of year show. Such great and exciting things are destined for your big guy. keep on with the healthy attitude...it;s infectious!
great drawing by the way

libra bear said...

Thanx guys.
Tim your right, I lost sight of that. I'll post it regardless of the out come.

Kris, really appreciating the support, belief and encouragement. I'm gonna keep pushing. Thanx dude

g1toons said...

nice sketch, how is england these days have not been back for a while, nice stuff peace

Kieron Prince said...

I'm feeling the master and student concept big time. Looking forward to the final product. Would also be great to see you that project fininshed that I'm always on about. You know which one I'm talking about!

Vegano said...

I like it alot. It's well worked